Progress reform to enduring social justice inequalities including:
- Pursuing reform of the justice system to deliver safe processes and just outcomes for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Supporting programs that provide specialist training for all police officers, prosecutors, and judicial officers to ensure they respond in a trauma-informed and culturally appropriate way.
- Adopting a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to addressing domestic and intimate partner violence, including a wrap-around victim support service and early and effective police intervention.
- Embedding and strengthening comprehensive, age appropriate, education into the school curriculum on informed consent and healthy relationships to address long term cultural change.
- Raising the age of criminal responsibility to 14 years.
- Targeting recidivism especially in youth correctional centres
- Introduce legislation similar to the federal Respect at Work Bill 2022 to help reduce sex discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Support legislation to end conversion practices that seek to change or suppress a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Remove exemptions from anti-discrimination laws that allow religious schools to discriminate against LGBTQI+ students and teachers. (NSW will soon also be the only state that allows this.)
Get involved with Victoria’s community independent campaign for Lane Cove…
- Subscribe - stay up to date with Victoria’s campaign plans and progress
- Volunteer - join others in our community
- Donate - help fund Victoria’s campaign
- Share your views with Victoria - through this short survey
- Put up a corflute in your yard - to promote your support for Victoria's community campaign (or a poster in your window)